Çözüldü Adverbs - Reading Comprehension - Sentence Completion - SAT Writing and Language Test

Konusu 'TOEFL - IELTS - SAT - ACT - GRE - GMAT Hazırlık' forumundadır ve Honore tarafından 2 Kasım 2022 başlatılmıştır.

Yüklüyor...
  1. Honore

Honore Yönetici Yönetici

Mesajlar:
    Beğenileri:
    Cinsiyet:
    Bay
    Meslek:
    Müh. (Elk./Bilg.)
    The first time I visited the Art Institute of Chicago, I expected to be impressed by its famous large paintings. _______, I couldn’t wait to view painter Georges Seurat’s 10-foot-wide "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" in its full size.

A) On one hand
    B) For instance
    C) However
    D) Similarly
    E) Moreover

Correct Choice: B (For instance)
    Official Explanation:
    Choice B is the best answer because it clarifies that the sentence, which mentions a specific large-scale painting at the Art Institute of Chicago, is an example supporting the preceding claim about large-scale paintings. Choices A, C, and D are incorrect because they propose transitional words or phrases that do not accurately represent the relationship between the preceding sentence and the sentence containing the underlined portion.

Note: Choice E is also wrong because the author did not previously give another specific example.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TU-Im0_rBd4-bL9-1wotuoLOFSWc_GPu/view
    [Page 22 (24 in the pdf file), Question 12]
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMZVjaQgfVDt5130VbAHPWLRYXNalade/view
    Explanation on page 17 (18 in the pdf file)

2. Benzer Konular: Adverbs Reading
    Forum Başlık Tarih
    TOEFL - IELTS - SAT - ACT - GRE - GMAT Hazırlık Reading Comprehension - Adverbs 15 Mayıs 2022
    TOEFL - IELTS - SAT - ACT - GRE - GMAT Hazırlık Synonyms - Adverbs 10 Aralık 2023
    YDS - YDT - YÖKDİL Exclamation Expressions - Adverbs 15 Kasım 2023
    YDS - YDT - YÖKDİL Sentence Completion - Adverbs - Prepositions - Grammar 11 Kasım 2023
    YDS - YDT - YÖKDİL Sentence Completion - Prepositions - Time Consistency - Adverbs 4 Kasım 2023

Sayfayı Paylaş